well, this took a turn.

As you might know, sometimes I get a little stressed out with my own ambition, and unfortunately this morning is no exception.

I'm going to blame it on the two coffees I inhaled as soon as I arrived at work. I have been "off" coffee for the last two months or so, but had a bit of a craving for some extra energy this morning.

[Small useless note to add: the kitchen was out of skim milk (ugh...)
so I had to throw a drop or two of cream into my coffee, and holy
crap, I'm so confused. Have people been drinking coffee with cream
this whole time and NOT telling me how insanely delicious it is?!
This changes everything.]

I don't usually react to caffeine like the average person (perfect example: I once drank a 750mL Full Throttle and chased it with a 2-hour nap), but I guess my brain is having a bit of a reaction this morning! I feel like it's working overtime, trying to plan out the next 5 years of my life.

If you've been my friend for quite some time, this whole notion of the 5-year plan won't really phase you, since you would know that I've been following a 5-year plan since I was freshly 17.

[Another useless side note: aww...I just thought of being freshly 17,
celebrating my birthday with my favourite people at the Coliseum
(seeing The Prestige), which was also my very first date with Ryan.
It was the beginning of a new chapter, that's for sure.]

Although there have been some twists and turns in that old 5-year plan, I couldn't be happier with the way everything turned out. In 2007, Ryan and I made a plan to buy a house together in 2011, once he graduated at Carleton. We did. In 2007 we made a plan to get engaged sometime in 2011. We did, (he proposed on January 15th, 2011 to be exact...can you tell he couldn't wait?!). In 2007 we made a plan to get married in 2012. And we are!

When I think of my next 5-year plan, it gets a little fuzzy. But, there are a couple things I know for sure, so I'll start there:
    • Getting married in the Dominican Republic, November 20, 2012
    • Trying to have a baby, anytime after November 20, 2012 ;)
    • Going on maternity leave
    • Saying goodbye to my day-job forever, and focusing 100% of my efforts (okay, more like 20% of my efforts since being a new mom will PROBS come with some extra responsibility), on my business.
I am hesitant to just spill my guts about everything that I want for the next 5 years, largely because it could seem way too ambitious and I don't want to fall short, it's hard to say. I'll try and suck it up though...
    • Do a promotional video
    • Produce and order sample wedding albums
    • Work the Ottawa Wedding Show
    • Get featured on a wedding blog / wedding magazine
    • Capture the perfect "I do" kiss
    • Open a studio (this one was tough to actually put on the list...)
    • Shoot a destination wedding
    • Order a professional blog re-design
    • Photograph the weddings of two of my besties (Kayla and Shannon)
So, how do you go about summarizing your life in a blog post? I have no idea...so I'll just say that as I look back on my previous 5-year plan, it has been fun, and all I could ever want is for my next 5-years to come with as much love, laughter, and unforgettable experiences.

[Last side note to add, promise: this entry was supposed to be about
how I'm a crazy person and need to tone down the coffee intake
for the day. Unsure as to how it ended up being the kind of life
re-cap everyone expects to see on a blog on January 1st...]



Share:

Post a Comment

Designed by OddThemes | Distributed by Blogger Themes